This article is part of the weekly “Job of the Week” article-series on Nordic Game Bits. The purpose of the series is to feature one open position in the Nordic games industry each week.
Do you have “Mad programming skillz, and interest specifically towards games and interactive thingies!”? Then the iOS and/or Android game programmer position at Finnish Traplight Games may be just the thing for you!
The young studio has yet to ship its first game, What on Earth!, but the game has already gained much attention from gamers all over the world. As a game programmer at Traplight, you will get to work on What on Erath! but also on other awesome games that are planned for the future. Oh, and did we mention that you’ll be participating in developing the studio’s own engine in their offices in Tampere, Finland.
We here at Traplight Games are in need of another addition to our already robust team of programming wizards to finish our current iOS game, What on Earth! and to develop new, awesome games in the future. See the list below to find out if you have what it takes to join us!
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Implementing new client side features while working closely with artists and other programmers
- Prototyping crazy physics based gameplay stuff
- Participating in developing our engine and UGC toolset
WHAT DO WE EXPECT FROM YOU?
- Mad programming skillz, and interest specifically towards games and interactive thingies! You might have acquired these in school or through impressive hobbyist projects.
- Experience with GFX programming (you know, shaders and stuff) and physics based gameplay is a huge plus
- High standards for your own work and keen eye for detail
- The ability and enthusiasm to learn new things
- The ability to work as a part of a team, and give and receive critical feedback
YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT OR BE INTERESTED IN:
- 3D graphics
- User Generated Content
- Code performance optimization
- Code testing
- Games (daa!)
- Competitive salary, permanent full-time contract
- Game Development Superheroes as work mates
- Fun and very promising product to help launch and grow
- Interesting upcoming projects to develop
Traplight Games is located in Tampere, Finland. We need you to work at the premises with us, so it’s a good thing we’re located right in the middle of the best city in the world. If you need more proof that we’re on to something great, contact us and we’ll arrange a little show & tell.
Send in a free form application and show us what you’re made of. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Please apply by 25th of May!
Title: Game Programmer