This article is part of the weekly “Job of the Week” article-series on Nordic Game Bits. The purpose of the series is to feature one open position in the Nordic games industry each week.
Copenhagen-based SYBO games, the developers of the Subway Surfers game, and now also the developer and publisher of newly-launched Blades of Brim, is looking for a backend engineer to join their team.
The studio is in a continuous state of growth, and they are always looking for talented and enthusiastic people with awesome and ambitious personalities to join our team.
So if that’s you, check out the job post below. And remember to follow these guidelines when getting in touch:
All applications must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org containing:
- Subject line starting with “Job Application for [job title]”
- Your CV attached (preferably in a EU format)
- Portfolio and/or references in the appendix of the CV
- A short motivation on why your are the best candidate to join the team, attached
Intro & Candidate Profile
We are looking to strengthen our backend team with a solid and skilled backend engineer. While we appreciate specialists and your particular skillset will be a large part of forming the position, you must be a well rounded engineer that is able and willing to take on various tasks across the full lifespan of backend features, including maintaining it in production.
- Highly skilled software developer with a firm grasp on creating highly robust, scalable and flexible backend solutions and a keen eye for detail
- A solid grasp and experience working with both SQL and NoSQL backed systems
- Multiple years of experience in a similar position
- A general and good understanding of different programming languages as well as the ability to quickly pick up new ones
- Experience working with Linux based systems
- Fluent in English
- Skilled in verbal and written communication
- And, most importantly: a passion for games and a strong desire to work with large scale backend systems
Having hands-on experience with the systems we work with is not required but would be a major plus:
- Google Go (most of the core backend is written in Go)
- Apache Cassandra
- Scripting languages (especially Python, bash and Ruby)
- Version control systems (we use git)
- Amazon cloud services (we are hosted in Amazon and use many of their services throughout)
- BI and Redshift
It would also be major plus if you:
- Have a higher education degree in a relevant field
- Have previously worked with test driven development and is able to maintain a very high level of quality in the products you deliver
- Experience with benchmarking, stress testing and tuning of complex systems
- Knowledge of working with systems such as Jenkins, Asgard, etc.
- Experience with integration of 3rd party services such as Facebook, Game Center or similar
- Have experience from within the field of mobile or social games or from an established successful game studio
Link to the official job post can be found here.