This article is part of the weekly “Job of the Week” article-series on Nordic Game Bits. The purpose of the series is to feature one open position in the Nordic games industry each week.
Based in Copenhagen, Denmark, Tactile Entertainment started as a true mobile gaming studio back in 2009. It has since produced titles such as Pocket Creatures, Chasing Yello, which has been downloaded over 20 million times, Bee Brilliant, and Skyline Skaters from 2014, which has also seen huge download numbers.
As of August 2014, Tactile Entertainment employed 12 people, and the team is now looking to expand with a full time on-site gameplay programmer, starting as soon as possible.
At Tactile Entertainment we are looking for a software engineer with a strong knowledge of gameplay and design to join our team. As a software engineer at Tactile Entertainment you will join a team composed of both gameplay focused engineers and technically minded engineers. You will get the opportunity to work on a very broad range of tasks related to implementing gameplay and user interaction based on our game designs.
We use Unity3D to develop our games and we expect our gameplay engineers to have impeccable knowledge of using and extending Unity3D to fully support the entire team of artists, level designers and co-engineers.
- implementing new gameplay features based on game designs
- implementing user interfaces based on artist designs
- maintaining and optimizing existing games
- experience with working in Unity3D
- experience with mobile games in Unity3D (iOS and/or Android)
- excellent knowledge of C#
- strong 3D math and dynamics skills
- great attention to detail
- be independent and pro-active
- team player
- experience with collaborating on medium to large scale projects
- a good sense of F2P game design
- an eye for the “fun factor”
- experience with Objective C and Java
- experience with using analytics to make informed game design decisions
You can read more about the job here, and any applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org